
So my husband and I decided to go look at furniture tonight. Ummmmm? Well......that was dumb. What was I thinking........?
For some stupid reason I thought we had similar taste......we both want brown leather living room furniture......yeah.....easy right? WRONG! He likes the over stuffed comfortable.....sloppy......stuff and I want something that looks like it could be in a portrait studio. Duh! I'm a photographer. What does he expect? So I keep pushing him to look at furniture that is middle of the road right? Something that will please us both. WELL.....he, definitely KNOWS what he wants.
I hardly spend ANY time in front of the T.V...... so of course comfort really isn't my first issue. I just bought a really great computer chair that is actually the one I am sitting in right now......this is where I am. My blog is my therapy......right? So I'm blogging this..... very frustrating turn of events.
So anyway, the sales lady laughed at us for about an hour. I kept turning around to her and making ridiculous faces when he would select something that looked like giant sloppy pillows. Then we came to the 3 piece set that was enormous, sloppy, and EVERY SINGLE PIECE RECLINED! I turned to her in horror .......rolled my eyes and said, "I don't think he and I are on the same page here!" She laughed. What else could she do.......this was her last hour of work and if she wasn't going to make a sale at least we were very entertaining for her.......
My husband had my 10 year old son on his side too! At one point he actually said, (and this is a direct quote) "Don't listen to the woman, she doesn't know what she's talking about." I was horrified! He was talking to the sales lady about ME! I thought I was going to die right there........I looked at my husband and he is laughing.......I said, "What in the world? I think it's time for separate houses dear. You take the boy here and well,........... just take all the kids. I'll take my dog and go find a nice studio apartment."
So at that point he gives me (the look)........I smile and of course we just don't buy anything. Wow. Who would have thought? Usually I'm pretty easy going about these kind of things........well I was when I was on Prozac.....but I went off of that a couple years ago. The real me is back. hahahaha
The one that has an opinion.
I think... what this all boils down to is .......I just want a photography studio again. At least that is what the therapist in me says. So I will probably soften and he will just get something comfortable and I will still be sitting here in the office at my computer........retouching photos and blogging. .........
For some stupid reason I thought we had similar taste......we both want brown leather living room furniture......yeah.....easy right? WRONG! He likes the over stuffed comfortable.....sloppy......stuff and I want something that looks like it could be in a portrait studio. Duh! I'm a photographer. What does he expect? So I keep pushing him to look at furniture that is middle of the road right? Something that will please us both. WELL.....he, definitely KNOWS what he wants.
I hardly spend ANY time in front of the T.V...... so of course comfort really isn't my first issue. I just bought a really great computer chair that is actually the one I am sitting in right now......this is where I am. My blog is my therapy......right? So I'm blogging this..... very frustrating turn of events.
So anyway, the sales lady laughed at us for about an hour. I kept turning around to her and making ridiculous faces when he would select something that looked like giant sloppy pillows. Then we came to the 3 piece set that was enormous, sloppy, and EVERY SINGLE PIECE RECLINED! I turned to her in horror .......rolled my eyes and said, "I don't think he and I are on the same page here!" She laughed. What else could she do.......this was her last hour of work and if she wasn't going to make a sale at least we were very entertaining for her.......
My husband had my 10 year old son on his side too! At one point he actually said, (and this is a direct quote) "Don't listen to the woman, she doesn't know what she's talking about." I was horrified! He was talking to the sales lady about ME! I thought I was going to die right there........I looked at my husband and he is laughing.......I said, "What in the world? I think it's time for separate houses dear. You take the boy here and well,........... just take all the kids. I'll take my dog and go find a nice studio apartment."
So at that point he gives me (the look)........I smile and of course we just don't buy anything. Wow. Who would have thought? Usually I'm pretty easy going about these kind of things........well I was when I was on Prozac.....but I went off of that a couple years ago. The real me is back. hahahaha
The one that has an opinion.
I think... what this all boils down to is .......I just want a photography studio again. At least that is what the therapist in me says. So I will probably soften and he will just get something comfortable and I will still be sitting here in the office at my computer........retouching photos and blogging. .........

No comments:
Post a Comment