
Ok....so my husband and I from time to time actually have a conversation. Sometimes those conversations are ODD. Who am I kidding? They are almost always ODD. This is entertainment at it's finest for us....having just plain odd conversations about things we have not a clue about or from where it came.
Take....."The Village Idiot" conversation for instance.
As we are driving down the road he notices that it seems like the squirrels have a death wish. It is as though they are waiting until just the precise moment to cross the street exactly when we are crossing their path. After dodging 3 or 4 we start laughing and comparing them to ...... you've got it......The Village Idiot. Now ....Why this was sooooooooooo funny....I know not. But from here to eternity every time we see a squirrel we refer to him as The Village Idiot. These are the moments marriage is made of........ The times when you can laugh at something that absolutely nobody else understands or probably wants to understand.
Lately......my husband has been going mad over the squirrels that are stealing the bird seed out of the feeder. He has moved it at least 8 times to different spots and they keep finding a way to get to it. This leads me to one conclusion.....maybe they are not really idiots. Hmmmmmmmm?
I can't catch them doing it to save my life though. I'll turn my head to look at the bird feeder and all I see is it swinging violently back and forth from the unseen force of the Village Idiot jumping off. The other evidence is the scattered birdseed all over the ground below it.....everything but the sunflower seeds. You see ..... the Village Idiot is picky. He knows what he wants and he gets it.
Well.....we've decided that he may have great skills in obtaining food resources....but his decernment in timing while crossing the street leaves much to be desired. So.....I'm afraid we may have the last laugh along with the starving birds. We do love our little Village idiot though. He shows up wherever we go, dodging bullets. ;)

1 comment:
My hubby and I talked about this awhile back and laughed at how the squirrel darts out there and goes back and forth like he can't decide which direction to take. I often feel like that :)
Post a Comment