
I was sitting here thinking it had been a long time since I blogged.....and it has. May 2008 was the last time. I have so much to be thankful for. This year has been a rough one with teenagers and all but I wouldn't give it up for anything.
I've thought about how God has been absolutely present in my life for such a long time. He is there and has never left me.
I have been writing a book for about 5 years now....with all my "extra" time. Not much of that these days......but God assures me there is a season for everything and there is a season for me to finish my book.
I know that time is just around the corner, maybe tomorrow.
I don't want to let these days rush by and not experience them fully.
Making lunches every morning. Kissing faces goodbye and hello. Helping with homework and eating dinner together.
Getting school uniforms clean and ready for wearing and watching movies with any kid that will have me sit next to them.
Surprising them with an afternoon out for lunch. Laughing in the kitchen because they are teaching me a goofy dance.
Making sure they remember to brush their teeth before bed.
My 3 oldest,... the teenagers don't want me to do any of those things for them any more. I have two left that still appreciate all those things.....so I have a couple more years left of doing those things and I plan to be completely present in their lives (even the teenagers) just like God has been completely present in mine.

1 comment:
Excellent....I haven't been on Myspace much either.
I have however spent every day on Bonnie Hunt site since you got me to sign up. I want to TY again for that.
It's been fun, and interesting time spent with some of these people..
Sure hope you are doin' okay..I know how crazy life is for you, well, I can imagine. I don't really know.
I love you very much...take care.
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment