Friday, October 12, 2007

To sleep.... to dream......




Sleeping in an upright position is.....well, an art form I simply haven't mastered. You know how I can't stand wasting my time sleeping?....Well, apparently my brain has different plans for my body. I'm a photographer and spend many an hour retouching photos at my computer.......my husband works from home as well and we share an office. (He is a software designer and needs silence.) Our desks are set up back to back.

The other day I'm retouching photos and he is "talking on the phone" LOUDLY. He is loud. (I think he feels he needs to talk loud because the other person is in another state.) So, I have an icepack on my "recently adjusted by the chiropractor neck" (you would think a cold pack would keep me awake) and I'm feeling my eyes close like....every 2 seconds. So..........I lean my head back in the chair and within minutes I wake myself up snoring! HELLO? What in the world? I thought I didn't need sleep. It turns out 5 hours a night is not enough. I am devastated to be brought back to earth by my need for mortal sleep.
Meanwhile.......my husband is trying not to laugh. He happens to think it is hilarious because he constantly tells me I need to get more sleep. He LOVES being RIGHT. Yikes. So my goal is to TRY to go to bed sometime before Midnight. We'll see. Maybe I'll just get better at sleeping at my computer without anyone knowing it........hmmmm? Maybe not.

No comments: